Outbreak PVP Server IP: 109.70.149.179:27465
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Griefing is allowed"

+3
thephonz
Amo
WhoIsYou
7 posters

Go down

"Griefing is allowed" Empty "Griefing is allowed"

Post  WhoIsYou Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:00 am

So earlier today there was a little issue, where myself and TheLiin raided ArcMason's base, and they started bawwwwing about it. kcreep, who is a mod, and also apart of that faction was bitching about it, and he tried to kick/ban the two of us even though he wasn't online during the actual raid, but thankfully Aslan has common sense and stopped him.

Anyway, during the raid, we blew down a single wall using TNT, because that's really the only way to get in, and ArcMasons are saying that constitutes as griefing and we should be banned for it. We all discussed it for a while and Aslan said he'd figure out the rules with other admins later on and left us with a warning not to do it again. Now, I remembered reading when I found this server that griefing was perfectly allowed, so I went looking for the post on minecraftservers and sure enough [link: http://minecraftservers.net/server/3993 ] rule number 5 (at the bottom) states "Griefing is allow[ed]".

Additionally, the question of whether or not TNT should be allowed to blow down factions' walls came up. That very same post above states that you guys wish to run a HARDCORE PVP server. There is no such thing as a hardcore PVP server that doesn't allow the most useful PVP tool, and the only one that can get people into a faction protected base.
If you're playing on a HARDCORE PVP server and your base isn't layered with obsidian, then you're doing it wrong. They have 20 users in their faction, more than enough manpower to gather some obsidian.

Fact: We blew down one wall during the ordeal.
Fact: We only claimed land OUTSIDE their territory, they had too much power for us to claim any of their land.
Fact: They placed lava and cobblestone within their own base to try and stop us from getting in and later tried to pin it on us saying we griefed their base. Double-fact: We can not build in another faction's base, so it was obviously their own doing.

Side note: ArcMasons raid and destroy people's bases on a daily basis, yet we do it to them and suddenly we're up for a ban just because it's a mod's faction. Power abuse, anyone?

Thanks You. I hope this server remains fun and as hardcore as possible.

WhoIsYou

Back to top Go down

"Griefing is allowed" Empty Re: "Griefing is allowed"

Post  Amo Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:18 am

Yep, everything you did was perfectly fine. Though im still unsure whether we're keeping TNT on or off, will speak to harry and jake about it later
Amo
Amo

Back to top Go down

Post  WhoIsYou Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:57 am

Amo wrote:Yep, everything you did was perfectly fine. Though im still unsure whether we're keeping TNT on or off, will speak to harry and jake about it later

Thanks. Hopefully TNT stays on. Considering that doors and chests are unlocked for everyone, it would make sense to follow the trend of allowing entrance (blowing walls down) rather than denying it.

WhoIsYou

Back to top Go down

Post  thephonz Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:36 am

I do not see how it is possible to have a PVP server running Factions without allowing TNT. It is the only weapon we have for siege.

Factions is all about warfare. Build, defend and attack.

I thought it went without saying that every time you claim land and spend hours building on it, you know and accept that you can lose it all.

P.s War is grief and you can't win forever.

thephonz

Back to top Go down

Post  Amo Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:38 am

It's just that the problem with TNT is that people can just build canons and destroy spawn or such, it could be abused quite badly. But yeah, i'll speak with jake and harry later about it
Amo
Amo

Back to top Go down

Post  thephonz Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:41 am

What about bumping the spawn into the sky and using a free fall into water or just extending the no build zone around it? The spawn is already low to the ground, you could just dome it with water.

People doing that should be banned anyway.

thephonz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ichi Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:08 am

TNT can no longer be placed in other peoples territories and will most probably not damage spawn. However if this is the case those who do it will be warned then banned.
Ichi
Ichi

Back to top Go down

Post  WhoIsYou Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:36 am

Ichi wrote:TNT can no longer be placed in other peoples territories and will most probably not damage spawn. However if this is the case those who do it will be warned then banned.

It was never place-able in other territories (just like any other block).
But if people have the wall to their base right at the border of the territory (such as the ArcMasons), we're able to place it in the unclaimed land to blow down their wall.

As for the spawn, I really don't think (m)any people will try to target it, but it if turns out it isn't protected you could always use some other plugin to protect that area.

WhoIsYou

Back to top Go down

Post  Ichi Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 am

WhoIsYou wrote:
Ichi wrote:TNT can no longer be placed in other peoples territories and will most probably not damage spawn. However if this is the case those who do it will be warned then banned.

But if people have the wall to their base right at the border of the territory (such as the ArcMasons), we're able to place it in the unclaimed land to blow down their wall.

As for the spawn, I really don't think (m)any people will try to target it, but it if turns out it isn't protected you could always use some other plugin to protect that area.

Yes, you could place TNT in other territories, I know because I just changed that variable today.
Ichi
Ichi

Back to top Go down

Post  WhoIsYou Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:27 am

Ichi wrote:
WhoIsYou wrote:

Yes, you could place TNT in other territories, I know because I just changed that variable today.

Ah, alright, odd though because I definitely couldn't earlier when I was trying to find a spot outside their boundary to place it.

WhoIsYou

Back to top Go down

Post  Amo Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Jake maybe you had override on?
Amo
Amo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ichi Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:40 pm

WhoIsYou wrote:

Ah, alright, odd though because I definitely couldn't earlier when I was trying to find a spot outside their boundary to place it.

Then you did that after I changed it.

Amo wrote:
Jake maybe you had override on?

What are you talking about?
Ichi
Ichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Amo Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 am

What are you talking about?

Sorry meant admin bypass
Amo
Amo

Back to top Go down

"Griefing is allowed" Empty Just a suggestion

Post  chubbycurls Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:33 am

I am suggesting that the admins and mods all get together in chat at the same time and create a wall of signs explaining rules for people. Plus I think this server should prob have a wall explaining how to use mods and things like set home, how to claim land, start a faction ect. Just a thought.

chubbycurls
chubbycurls

Back to top Go down

Post  WhoIsYou Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:42 am

chubbycurls wrote:I am suggesting that the admins and mods all get together in chat at the same time and create a wall of signs explaining rules for people. Plus I think this server should prob have a wall explaining how to use mods and things like set home, how to claim land, start a faction ect. Just a thought.

This + a thread here on the forums as well would be nice.

WhoIsYou

Back to top Go down

Post  Archeon Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:06 am

WhoIsYou wrote:
chubbycurls wrote:I am suggesting that the admins and mods all get together in chat at the same time and create a wall of signs explaining rules for people. Plus I think this server should prob have a wall explaining how to use mods and things like set home, how to claim land, start a faction ect. Just a thought.

This + a thread here on the forums as well would be nice.

Loving the idea, ive just got back from my weekend trip and im going to be sorting out some server rules to post on the forum shortly! After a well needed shower Wink

Archeon
Admin

https://outbreakpvp.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  NOGAF Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Hardcore pvp + NO GRIEFING = Total Sense Very Happy

*sarcasm*

NOGAF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content